The United States levies tax on its citizens and residents on their worldwide income. Non-resident aliens are taxed on their US-source income and income effectively connected with a US trade or business (with certain exceptions). U.S. income taxes are owed on any income that you receive during your stay in the United States. Even if you do not receive income from a U.S. source, it may be possible that you could still be taxed on your worldwide income. Income taxes are assessed at both a state and a federal level. Each year, you must report your earnings on annual tax reports, known as "Income Tax Returns”, to both state and federal tax offices.

What’s included in our U.S. tax services?

  • Preparation of U.S. federal and state
    income tax returns.
  • U.S. tax calculations.
  • U.S. and Canada treaty benefits.
  • Coordination of U.S. and Canadian
    deductions and credits.
  • Assistance with IRS correspondence.

How can we help you?

Contact us at the My Global Adviser office or submit a business inquiry online.